So our big move in day is quickly approaching and I can't freaking wait.
This move has been a long time coming. While my parents have been awesome to open their home to us, it's time to have a space of our own.
So two weeks from today - I'll be holding the keys to our first home.
For now, it's a waiting game.
A lot has happened since I last wrote.
For a few quick updates:
1) WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!
2) We bought an oven that I'm so freaking excited about. Our new house has so much charm to it and O.M.G., so have this be all mine (the Hubs can share too, I guess) is more than I could ask for.
3) I've realized that I'm somewhat behind on researching what kind of mommy that I want to be. People have started asking me what my parenting style is going to be and I just don't have the answer. I know I don't want to be on either end of the spectrum, but somewhere in the middle. But what does that mean? Great question! I'll keep you posted if I figure it out.
4) Since we found out that it's going to be Baby Jack that'll be joining our family, we've been able to make plans for his room and I'm sooooo excited. We've found all kinds of sweet little nautical themed things for him and I can't wait to put it all together and then bring him home to his precious little nursery.
5) Now that the house shenanigans and The Hubs job are finally coming together, it's actually starting to feel like I've moved back home. Where my parents live is pretty much a community all on its own, so I hadn't really run into anyone yet but recently I've started to and it's been a pleasant surprise. I don't know if you know this or not, but I think A LOT. And moving back while I'm packing on the pounds and then having to tell people that I'm living with my parents seemed like a daunting time to be running into my high school buddies who last saw me in my flat tummy days but I've got to say, Canton feels like home again.
6) I know my last bajillion posts have promised that I'm not going to be as MIA as I have been lately and then I disappear again, but I'm really bummed that I haven't been documenting my journey down pregnancy lane very well, so I'm hoping to at least do better with that.
I haven't done a ton of baking lately, but there are a few recipes that I've yet to share. I promise to have those up this week. So get excited for Blueberry Pecan Cake (your mouth should be watering right about now) and Zucchini Bread with a Lemon Glaze as well as my Gender Reveal Cookies that I used to tell the family about Jack's sex.